Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Turtle and the Big Wave


Prompt: A time in my life.

The turtle and the Big Wave 
It was 2013 and I was in Maui, Hawaii for my dad's triathlon. 
On this day we decided to go snorkeling, it was a very sunny, relaxing day 
in Maui. We went down to the beach, but our snorkel gear on and started to 
swim out to the coral reef.When we got to the reef, it was a explosion of colour. 
Hundreds of fish swimming around us, swimming around the rocks and into the coral caves. 
Beautiful colours flooded my eyes and it was wonderful. 
I felt my dad tap me on the shoulder to turn me around. 
What I saw was the most beautiful sea turtle, it was this amazing green
 and it had these amazing big eyes that filled could filled you with joy. 
And it was swimming through the water so peacefully and calmly. 
We started to swim around and with the turtle. My mum and Felix swan to 
have another look at the coral reef, but dad I and I stayed to look at the 
turtle. Until this big wave come and pushed me under the water. 
My snorkel filled up with salty water and I was struggling to breathe. My heart was starting to 
beat faster now and I was wiggling around trying to breathe. Just then I felt my dad's hand 
pulling me into sure. I started to kick to get to help him pull me into sure, but it was really hard 
to move because I couldn't breathe.
After a long time dad finally got me into the sure and I was safe. My heart was starting to settle
 down after what just happened. Mum And Felix saw what happened and come in to see if I 
was ok, I was. I took a minute to breathe, then I stood up and dived right back into the sea.

By Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

STEM Challenges

This term we have started some STEM challenges in class. We have made paper shoes and paper towers. Here are some photos of our challenges. ...